As economic activity declines and people retract from their normal routines, we realise that this new reality is big and that none of us is immune, including CUP O FLORA.
Orders have declined as our wholesale clients take a wait-and-see approach, while web customers may have other things on their mind. Yet, I feel fortunate to have a strong business and know that we will come out of this even stronger.
I take this time to reflect on what we have achieved in the past six years. It’s time to consolidate the gains and plan for the future that is (hopefully) just around the corner. We are practising social distancing and following best practice when it comes to our products. This includes the use of gloves and facemasks when handling and shipping, rigorous hand-washing and avoiding face-to-face teamwork.
As a horticulture business, we recognise the role that plants can play in times of crisis. Here is our list. Do you have anything to add? Please share with me email@example.com.
- Reconnect with nature - disconnect from the newsfeed and reconnect with the natural environment. Plants allow you to surround yourself with nature without leaving the house. Sharing your space with another living being can reduce stress and help wellbeing.
- Clean the air - The ABC mentions several varieties including Peace Lilies and Parlour Palms have air-cleaning abilities.
- Plants may be used as medicine to fight the virus - extracts from the bark of cinchona trees are being used as a treatment for COVID-19, while extracts of liquorice root are also being explored.
- Green is good for the eyes - “Green, the mixture of blue and yellow, can be seen everywhere and in countless shades. In fact, the human eye sees green better than any other colour in the spectrum. This, along with many other facts about this earthly colour, makes it an essential part of our everyday lives.” But why is that?”
- Distraction - a prolonged homestay is great for doing all those outstanding things around the house. Here are some of the things you can do with your plants:
- Re-pot - move plants that have outgrown into a larger pot or give Bromelia or Peace Lily pups room to grow.
- Clean - remove dust from large foliage such as Ficus to allow them a better absorption of light.
- Grow your own herbs - Buy seeds and grow your own herbs in a pot or garden bed. Don’t know where to start? Try CUP O HERBS™.
For now, I hope that you are staying safe and keeping a distance from others. These are interesting and unprecedented times and the best we can do is continue to care about each other and take care of ourselves. We will come at the other end more united and much stronger.
Love and light,